- Will I need to pay a deposit? How do I know that this is safe?
Yes, you will need to pay a deposit. However, you won’t have to worry because it will be kept perfectly safe in the custodial Deposit Protection Scheme within 30 days of receiving it.
- Do I have to pay bills separately or are they included in the rent?
All of the bills will be included in your rent! This consists of: gas, water, electric, council tax, broadband and TV licenses!
- Should I bring my own bedding?
Yes, we advise all tenants to bring their own bedding.
- Can I have friends and family stay?
Yes, but only for a maximum of 2 nights a week and a guest unless we have an agreement which states otherwise. We also ask that you let your housemates know in advance and make sure that they are ok with this.
- What if I one month I cannot pay my rent?
We have a strong policy of ‘No pay, no stay’, however as most tenants will have a rental guarantor your rent will be covered.
- Do you accept tenants on housing benefits?
No. We only accept working professionals as our tenants.
- How long is the tenancy contract?
The contract is usually a minimum of 6 months, then rolling month by month thereafter.
- What fees will I have to pay before I move in?
No we charge no fees to our tenants before they move in!
- Will I have to provide references?
Yes. We will need 2 references from you, one from your previous landlord/agency and one from your current employer.
- Do I have to pay for repairs and replacements?
This is dependent on the circumstances of the repair/replacement, if it is the fault of a tenant then they would be obliged to pay for it. If it is a genuine wear and tear or a replacement is required then we’ll handle the repair.
- When I want to leave, what do I do?
If you want to leave once you have finished your initial 6 month contract period, you will just need to give us a 2 month notice period. However, if you haven’t finished your 6 month period you will be liable to pay the rent till the end date, unless we have found a suitable tenant beforehand. If you are ending your tenancy with us, you can even recommend a friend. For every tenant that fills one of rooms that was recommended by you, we’ll pay you a £25 finder’s fee!
- Will I be allowed pets?
Due to hygiene reasons, potential damaging of the property and preferences of our current and future housemates we have a no pet policy.
- Are you available for us to contact you all the time?
We always make sure we are at the other end of the phone. You will be provided with multiple contact details and if you ever get through to a voicemail then we make sure we get back to you with an answer within the next few hours.
- If a problem arises with the property, how long will it take for it to be fixed?
As soon as a problem arises and we are notified of it then action will be taken straight away to resolve the issue; we take a proactive rather than reactive approach to our properties maintenance!